James and Karin Purser, intrepid podcasters for LinuxAU
would like to venture forth and interview people from the open source community across Australia:
"Karin and I produce the Linux Australia Update, a fortnightly podcast examining different aspects of the Australian Free and Open Source Software community.
Recently we have been considering making changes to the podcast which would allow us to increase the content we can provide as well as increase our interaction with the Free and Open Source Software community in Australia.
As part of these changes we plan on doing the following:
- Move from a podcast only format to a weekly online broadcast with each segment available as a seperate podcast feed the day after broadcast
- Combine the LA Update and the LUG Roundup into one program
- Introduce two new segments to the program:
- "Ooooh Shiny": Where we have a look at new tech toys and equipment
- "FOSS Business Report": Where we take an in depth look at the FOSS based business sector, examining both users and providers of FOSS based services and products.
- Introduce a monthly Question and Answer session with well known FOSS personalities, both local and international.
The aim is to broaden the focus of the programme and capture more listeners and hence increase the listening base for our advertisers/sponsors.
In order to fund this new programme format and also expand our range of programming, we are seeking sponsorships from both the private and public sectors. We are still nailing down the exact details of any sponsorship plan however we are seeking to gauge the interest there would be in participating.'
Scott Shawcroft and Brandon Hines are venturing forth in the US
Would be great to see something similar here.